Fear & Anxiety
Some dogs suffer from fears of things in their lives that can make living with them extremely challenging. You may have a rescue dog who has arrived with a generalized fear of everything and won’t come out from under the table to go for walks. Or perhaps your dog has a specified fear of certain sounds that causes them to panic and you can’t predict when it will happen. Or maybe your dog has developed a fear of your floors or entering new buildings – not the easiest thing to live with! I can help.
All of my behaviour change programs begin with an online consultation. This is a 60-75 minute online video call for $200 (plus GST) and includes the following:
- A thorough discussion of your dog’s behaviour problem, probable causes, and likely prognosis
- Management strategies and first steps to keep problems from escalating and keep everyone safe
- Personalized template for behavioural wellness
- Product recommendations/where to buy
- Simplified first behaviour modification steps
- Video review and feedback (You’re encouraged to submit videos prior to our meeting)
- Body language resources
- A letter/behaviour report for your vet, strata/homeowner’s association or Animal Control if needed
- Pet Insurance Paperwork completion
- Follow up package recommendations and explanation
- Access to all information for 6 months or the full length of your behaviour modification package
Expect to schedule your first follow-up session at the end of your online consultation. Almost all behaviour issues will require follow up sessions for successful resolution. The cost and length of the follow ups will depend on where they take place, and after our consultation I will recommend the best training package to help you meet your goals. Both in-person and online follow ups are available, depending on preference, location and behaviour concerns. In-person sessions will be held in Sooke or the Westshore area.
Your follow up sessions will include:
- Management skills and games
- Exercise and enrichment recommendations for behavioural fulfillment
- Detailed instructions on behaviour modification steps
- Video requests and review
- Written homework uploaded to your personal Google Drive Folder
- Email support available during the package
The package for fear and anxiety is very individualized because whether or not we do in person sessions will depend a lot on what your dog is afraid of and how they respond to new people. Plan on a package of about $700 and I will offer you a more complete quote after our consultation.