Enjoy your dog more!
Working one on one with a behaviour consultant is ideal if your dog has behavioural problems such as:
- Aggression (growling, snarling, snapping, biting) towards people or other animals
- Possessiveness over food, toys, people or spaces
- Extreme fear
- Reactivity (barking, lunging) on leash towards people, other dogs, or wheeled objects
- Anxiety or hyperactivity
- Excessive barking or vocalization
- Mouthing/rough play
We will begin with an assessment and information session. This consists of a 60 minute phone or video chat after you have filled out on online history form. You are welcome and encouraged to send me videos before the initial consult. In the first session I will gather a complete behaviour history, formulate a management plan, assign foundational skills to begin training, provide you with relevant literature and resources, and discuss what I recommend for further sessions. The cost of the consult session is $120 plus GST.
Consults are pre-paid and you will be invoiced at the time of booking to hold your appointment.
Due to COVID-19, I will not be doing sessions inside private homes for the foreseeable future. Working in person is possible outdoors with social distancing measures.
Follow Up Sessions
Expect to schedule your first follow up at the end of your online consult. Almost all behaviour issues will require follow up sessions for successful resolution.
The cost and length of the follow ups will depend on where they take place. I strongly encourage you to check out online/virtual behaviour support to see if it could meet your needs!
Benefits of online training:
- Can meet for shorter sessions or even multiple times a week
- Much more flexibility in scheduling sessions
- 2x weekly emails to remind you of skills and goals
- Recordings of our sessions
- Can review video you take rather than just hope behaviour occurs in sessions
- Ideal for highly fearful dogs or dogs who are aggressive to visitors
- Don’t need to reschedule for weather or iffy health
- Most affordable
Online follow up (60 minutes): $100 (can also be split into 2 x 30 minute sessions)
Sooke In Person follow up (60 minutes): $110
Langford In Person Follow Up (60 minutes): $120